Book of Mormon Primary Lessons

Lessons from the Book of Mormon as taught by S.J. Hollist, in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  

Primary Presentation Outline


Valiant 9 class - Children of God:

Child 1: This year in primary we have been learning how each of us is a child of God. I am a child of God, and I know he has a plan for me. I lived with Heavenly Father as a spirit child. He presented His plan - the plan of salvation. I chose to follow His plan.

Child 2: Part of Heavenly Father's plan is for us to come to Earth. I came to a family and received a body. I will return and live with Heavenly Father again because of Jesus Christ's Atonement.

- Song: I am a Child of God

Child 3: The scriptures teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to return to them. The Bible and the Book of Mormon testify of Jesus Christ. 2 Nephi 4:15, Nephi states "For my soul delightedly in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children."

Child 4: Bible story, Book of Mormon story

- Song: Tell Me the Stories of Jesus

Sunbeams Class - Jesus is the Savior:

Child 1: Jesus Christ is my Savior and the Savior of all mankind

Child 2: 1 John 4:14 says "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world."

Child 3: Because of Jesus Christ's love for me I will someday return to live with him again.

Child 4: I can live by Jesus Christ's example and serve others.

Child 5: I know that Jesus Christ lives.

Child 6: I know that Jesus Christ loves me.

Child 7: I know that Jesus Christ loves us all.

Child 8: I know that Jesus Christ will come again.

- Song: If the Savior Stood Beside Me

CTR 5 Class - Prophets:

Child 1: Amos 3:7 says, "Surely the Lord will do nothing, but he revealth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

Child 2: I am thankful we are led by a living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. I will follow his direction.

Child 3: We can follow the prophet and he will tell us what the Savior wants us to do.

Child 4: The prophet teaches us that we should love and forgive others.

Child 5: The prophet also teaches us that it is important to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.

Child 6: The prophet teaches me what I should do to live with God again.

Child 7: I am thankful for a prophet that guides us today.

- Song: We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet

CTR 6/7 Class - Family:

Child 1: Heavenly Father planned for me to come to a family. I can strengthen my family now.

Child 2: Each member of my family is important. I love to help my family.

Child 3: As a family we can be strengthen by studying the scriptures together, having family prayer, and family home evening.

Child 4: I'm grateful for the priesthood and I'm blessed to have it in my home.

Child 5: I am grateful for a loving family.

Child 6: In the Family Proclamation paragraph 1, it says, "The family is central to the creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children".

- Song: Home

CTR 8 Class - Temple:

Child 1: The temple is a blessing for me and my family.

Child 2: I know that it is important to prepare now to be worthy to go to the temple and do my part to have an eternal family. As a primary we had the chance to go to the Dallas Temple. It was a great experience to walk around the beautiful temple and learn more about it.

Child 3: Paying tithing helps to build temples around the world. I also know that my ancestors can receive temple blessings, when we do our family history work.

Child 4: I will prepare now to enter the temple by being reverent, dress modestly, and speak kindly.

- Song: I Love to See the Temple

CTR 8 Class Continued - Missionary Work:

Child 5: I know that I can be a missionary now by sharing the gospel with my friends. I will prepare to be a missionary by praying and reading my scriptures daily. I will be a great missionary if I am faithful and obedient.

Child 6: Living the gospel standard helps me to be a missionary now. The Apostle Paul was a great missionary, I hope I can be like him and tell others about our church.

[Optional Song: I Want to Be a Missionary Now]

CTR 8 Class Continued - Baptism:

Child 7: I will show my faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized and confirmed a member of the church. When we are baptized, we covenant to keep all of the Lord's commandments.

Child 8: After we are baptized we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost will help me to know what is right and wrong.

Child 9: When I take the sacrament, I renew my baptismal covenants.

- Song: When Jesus Christ was Baptized

Valiant 10 Class - Prayer:

Child 1: In Mark 11:24, it says, "Therefore I say unto you, what things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." I know that when I pray to Heavenly Father he hears and answers my prayers.

Child 2: I have learned through the scriptures and my teachers that Heavenly Father wants us to pray to him anytime, anywhere. If I am having a bad day or need help with something I know that I can pray to Heavenly Father.

Child 3: Heavenly Father may not answer our prayers the way we expect, bu He does bless us with the things we need. Sometimes Heavenly Father answers our prayers through the Holy Ghost, the scriptures, and others.

Valiant 10 Class Continued - Service:

Child 4: Because I am His child, I will serve God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I will serve God by doing things on the Sabbath that will help me feel close to Heavenly Father and Jesus.

Child 5: I can serve Heavenly Father by serving others. If I see a friend that is lonely I can go play with him. Jesus taught us to serve others by hi example and hi words. He took care of the poor people, the sinners, and the people who were very sick. Because others serve me, I too want to serve.

- Song: Called to Serve

Valiant 10 Class Continued - Gifts of God:

Child 6: I am thankful to know that we are all children of God. We all have different talents or gifts that come from Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the talents and gifts Heavenly Father has given to me.

Child 7: I am thankful that I have come to earth to receive a body. I know that my body is a temple and that I should keep it clean and pure.

Valiant 11/12 Class - Giving Thanks:

Child 1: I know that Heavenly Father loves me and all of the children around the world, and I can show respect and kindness to all of God's children.

Child 2: I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His restored gospel. 2 Nephi 25:26 says, "And we talked of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to the prophecies." I am thankful that Jesus Christ restored His gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Child 3: Because I know that I am a child of God and that Jesus Christ is my Savior, I will try to be like him and follow his commandments.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Other Lessons:

(ordered by date)

08_01_06   08_01_13   08_01_20   08_01_27   08_02_03   08_02_10   08_02_17   08_02_24   08_03_02   08_03_09   08_03_16   08_03_23   08_03_30   08_04_06   08_04_13   08_04_20   08_04_27   08_05_04   08_05_11   08_05_18   08_05_25   08_06_01   08_06_08   08_06_15   08_06_22   08_06_29   08_07_06   08_07_13   08_07_20   08_07_27   08_08_03   08_08_10   08_08_17   08_08_24   08_08_31   08_09_07   08_09_14   08_09_21   08_09_28   08_10_19   08_11_02   08_11_09   08_11_16   08_11_23   08_11_30   08_12_07   08_12_14   08_12_21   08_12_28   08_12_29  


Copyright © 2008 Rotisory Foundation LLC

This page is powered by Blogger